The project titles are:
* Estimating conservation limits for salmonids
* The ecology underpinning the management of large (ferox) brown trout
* Development of techniques for the control of invasive freshwater species
* Practical methodologies to mitigate against bird predation of fish
* Conservation strategies of freshwater pearl mussels
The annual stipend for these 1 year projects will be £13,590
Preliminary applications comprising of a full CV, including contact details for 2 referees and a covering letter explaining why you are particularly suitable for this studentship, should be submitted to Prof. Colin Adams (email@example.com) by the 4th September 2012.
Further information can be found at
These Masters projects are part of a large EU funded programme, IBIS (Integrated Aquatic Resources Management Between Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland).
More information about the IBIS project can be found at
Dr. Jennifer A. Dodd
Mobile: +44 (0) 7525 233 887
University of Glasgow: +44 (0) 1360 870 511
Loughs Agency: +44 (0) 287 131 4103
Environet is for communication related to environmental sciences in Ireland under the aegis of the Environmental Sciences Association of Ireland. Attachments are prohibited to prevent virus transmission. To join Environet send message "SUBSCRIBE ESAI firstname surname" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Omit your signature and anything else you may normally add. You will get an automated response. To leave Environet, replace 'subscribe' with 'signoff'.