Hi-tech Agriculture and Forestry R&D Center (HACEN) is a research center under Thai Nguyen University of Agriculture and Forestry. The forerunner of the Center is the Collaborative Agriculture R&D Lab (CARD) which established in 2018.
HACEN aims to be a capable center in applied research, training, technology transfer and international cooperation in the field of high-tech agriculture and forestry to meet the needs of market and localities in the country and in the region.
- Scientific research (including basic and applied research) and development of technology products and services in agriculture and forestry;
- Transferring and applying high technology in agricultural and forestry production;
- Training of high-quality human resource in the field of agriculture and forestry applying high technologies and improved technologies;
- Scientific consulting in the fields of high technology and innovative technology for individuals and organizations in need.
List of on-going research projects
1. Develop community-based transformative learning mechanisms for sustainable climate-resilient livelihood models towards self-sustaining rural communities in the North of Vietnam. Funding institution: National Foundation for Science & Technology Development.
2. Conservation and market-oriented development of native medicinal plant Dioscorea persimilis Prain et Burk. (Cu Mai) in Lao Cai.
Funding institution: People's Committee of Lao Cai Province.
3. Effects of cultivation techniques on the growth, development, yield and quality of some yam varieties in Thai Nguyen.
Funding institution: Thai Nguyen University.
4. Theoretical and practical basis for the development and application of high technology in the production, preservation and processing of some typical crops for the Northern mountainous provinces.
Funding institution: Ministry of Education.
5. Model farm: apply science and technology in market-oriented farming and processing of medicinal herbs (Dioscorea persimilis Prain et Burk. and Rehmannia glutinosa) in Bac Kan.
Funding institution: Provincial People's Committee of Bac Kan.
6. Reducing environment pollution in poultry farming through the use of probiotic bedding in Thai Nguyen.
Funding institution: SEOHUN-USAID
7. Pilot cultivation of Panax notoginseng in Mu Cang Chai district, Yen Bai province.
Funding institution: Yen Bai Provincial People's Committee
List of other projects/programs/consulting services participated
[7-8/2020] Endline evaluation, "Supporting the establishment and capacity building of cooperatives in income-generating activities in rural areas in Quang Nam and Thua Thien Hue provinces” under the Green Annamites Project”, Agriterra Netherlands and ECODIT.
[5-6/2020] Studies on business models and payment options of Agriculture Technologies that work for smallholder farmers, IFC and the World Bank Vietnam and Ethiopia.
[5-6/2020] Review of the annual report and work plan of Vietnam Cooperative Enterprise Development (VCED), GAC Canada.
[4-5/2020] Agriculture sector analysis: impact and responses to the COVID-19 in Vietnam, GAC Canada.
[2020-23] Agriculture Technology (Ag Tech) Vietnam project, IFC World Bank.
[1/2020] Review of milk processing pilot proposal for Don Duong cooperative, VCED project, GAC Canada
[2019-21] Socio-economic database formulation, Mekong River Commission.
[2019-21] The Australia-Vietnam Economic Reform (Aus4Reform) Program, DFAT Australia, Hanoi
[2018-20] Women startup programs in Tra Vinh and Soc Trang provinces, funded by Global Affairs Canada
[9-10/2018] Mid-term evaluation of the Project “Improving child education quality and development for ethnic minority children in Hoa Binh province” (VN020), and documentation of school governance model and development of strategies for the 3-year Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) project in Hoa Binh province, Aide et Action.
[10/2018] Training on managerial effectiveness and systems thinking in public governance for Da Nang city officials, Malik Institute Switzerland.
[7-9/2018] Baseline survey and action planning for the Women Startup Programs in Tra Vinh and Soc Trang provinces.
[8/2018] Planning for the phase 2 competition protocol of AgResults project, SNV Netherlands, Thai Binh province.
[7-8/2018] Independent evaluation of SECO funded Competitiveness and Market Access Projects in Vietnam (including SCORE, Vietrade and Biotrade), JaLogisch Austria and Ecorys Netherlands.
6-12/2018] Enhancing Contribution of Small and Medium Forest Enterprises (SMFEs) to Poverty Reduction, Jobs and Growth: Diagnostic studies in Viet Nam, ‘UNIQUE forestry and land use’ Germany and ‘Enclude solutions’ Netherlands.
[4/2018]: Vietnam Agriculture Sector Gap Analysis, Global Affairs Canada, Hanoi, Vietnam.
[4/2018] Critical review of the Annual Report and Plan of Vietnam Cooperative Enterprise Development (VCED) project, GAC Hanoi;
[3-4/2018] Final project evaluation of the Project “Keeping Girls in School (KGIS)” in Ha Giang province (Improving education, especially for girls, and increasing household economic security in disadvantaged ethnic minority families), Plan International.
Hi-Tech Agriculture and Forestry R&D Center – Thai Nguyen University of Agriculture and Forestry
Address: Quyet Thang Commune, Thai Nguyen City
Phone: 0208 6 282 868