1/23/2018 10:15:55 PM - View: 332
Korean Government Scholarship Program 2018
The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) supports the future global leaders and promotes the international cooperation in education by inviting talented international students to Korea for an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea
Location: South Korea
- Airfare Round : Trip economy class ticket
- Monthly Allowance : 900,000 KRW per month
- Research Allowance : 210,000 KRW for scholars in the field of humanities and social sciences, 240,000 KRW for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences (ONLY FOR GRADUATE PROGRAM)
- Settlement Allowance : 200,000 KRW upon arrival
- Language Training Fee : Full coverage
- Tuition : All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university)The tuition is covered by NIIED and the university.
- Dissertation Printing Costs : Reimbursement of 500,000 ~ 800,000 KRW depending on actual costs (ONLY FOR GRADUATE PROGRAM)
- Medical Insurance : 20,000 KRW per month (limited coverage)
- Korean Proficiency Grants : 100,000 KRW per month for scholars with TOPIK Level 5 or 6
For Graduate Program :
1) The applicant and his/her parents must hold foreign citizenships.
* Applicants with the Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
2) Applicants must be under 40 years of age of the selection year.
3) Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1st of the selection year.
* Applicants who have completed an undergraduate program, a master’s program, or a doctoral program in Korea are ineligible to apply for the program.
4) The academic achievement of the applicants must meet one of the followings:
– The grade point average (GPA) must be no less than 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale; or
– The overall grades must be no less than 80% out of 100%
For Undergraduate Program :
Eligible Regions: Non Korean
1) Must be a citizen of the country to which the scholarship is offered, which also applies to the applicants’ parents
2) Have graduated or will be scheduled to graduate from high school as of March 1st of the invitation year
3) Must possess above 80% (out of 100%) cumulative grade point average (CGPA), or must be within the top 20% (out of 100%) in rank in high school.
- For more details, please see the link: https://www.youthop.com/scholarships/korean-government-scholarship-program-2018-korea?ref=sidebar_trending
- Chung Trinh
More News & Events