Dear Scholars, Academics, Student-Researchers, NGO and Government Practitioners,
The Conference Program Committee is cordially inviting you to participate in the International Conference on “Livelihood Development and Environmental Management Strategies adapting to climate change in the Northern Mountainous Region” (LDEM)which will be held at Thai Nguyen University of Agriculture and Forestry, Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam on 13-15 November 2015.
The Conference is for any scholars, academics, student-researchers, NGO and Government representatives person with an interest in, and concern for, scientific, policy, and strategic perspectives in environmental resources protection, climate change and livelihood development. Plenary speakers will include some of the leading thinkers in the fields of climatology and environmental science, as well as numerous paper, workshop, and colloquium presentations by researchers and practitioners.
The conference organizers welcome original research papers in various areas stated above. University students and recent graduates who are interested in research are particularly encouraged to respond to this call for papers. Registration schedule and paper abstract submission online will start on May 31, 2015.
This highly exciting and challenging international Conference is intended to be a forum for discussion, ideas exchange, maintaining existing connections, establishing new connections and partnerships, and sharing the achievements of research work. This event will give opportunities for participants to meet colleagues from around Asian countries, make new friends, and improve knowledge and communication skills.
The Conference sub-topics include but are not limited to:
(1) Environmental Resources Management adapting to Climate Change
(2) Livelihood development for Poverty Alleviation in connection with Northern Mountainous Regions Economic development strategy
(3) Exchanging and sharing of experiences, new ideas on sustainability concepts and research results of livelihood development and adaptation to Climate Change
(4) Impacts of climate change to ecological environment and livelihoods of upland people;
(5) Livelihood initiative for climate change adaptation;
(6) Formulation of policy in Vietnam and the world for climate change adaptation.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Organizing Committee and other subject matter experts. Those papers selected for presentation at the conference will document and explore research results, recommended knowledge and capacity needs, case studies and/or other practical experiences under one or more of the sub-topics described above. Under each sub-topic, participants are expected to address opportunities and/or challenges with regards to policy and legal frameworks in the context of their work and to provide practical solutions/interventions that will serve to enlighten people’s understanding on the theme presented. Individuals interested to participate must submit a 300-word (maximum) abstracts electronically to the Conference Secretariat and abstract will also be accepted at: The Conference Secretariat, Thai Nguyen University of Agriculture and Forestry, Quyet Thang Commune, Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam.
Two-step Quick Submission Process
1. Authors prepare their abstract and article using the template from, Template 2015
2. Send the Abstract and Article in Microsoft Word format either By email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Authors will get a confirmation email within 24 hours after the submission.
Please download the Abstract form here
Newspaper and television reporters are welcome to register for an official seat at the two-day workshop. If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact our Secretariat Dr. Hang who can be reached at email@example.com and phone No: (+84) 91 996 2586. Additional information can be found on the website: http://conference.tuaf.edu.vn/ldem/
Your notification of this announcement is highly appreciated.
LDEM-2015 Conference Program Committee