I. In order to follow the guidelines stipulated by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of Taiwan for the implementation of the Taiwan Scholarship Program (Scholarship), which aims to encourage outstanding international students to study in Taiwan, as well as promote bilateral scientific and technological exchanges, the Division of Science and Technology at the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Hanoi set up this prospectus.
II. Scholarship Recipients and Program Curriculum:
The Scholarship, in principle, is granted to students (hereinafter the “Scholarship Recipients”) from Vietnam with a total of 10 recipients in 2018. The curriculum available to the Scholarship Recipients is restricted to Master’s or PhD programs at Taiwanese Universities and does not include specialized or vocational classes.
III. Over the duration of their studies, the Scholarship Recipients will be given a monthly stipend of NT$30,000. Scholarship Recipients are responsible for all expenses during their stay in Taiwan. The MOST will not provide any other subsidies.
IV. The award period for the Scholarship is as follows:
1. Master’s Programs: two years
2. PhD Programs: three years
An award period must be continuous without interruption. A student who has previously completed a Master’s program scholarship may be eligible to apply for the Taiwan Scholarship Program for a PhD program at the attending institution. The maximum total award period for Scholarship Recipients is five years.
V. Scholarship Applicants shall meet the following conditions:
1. Is a College or University graduate or above with an excellent academic record, of good moral character and has no criminal record.
2. Is not a national of the Taiwan (Republic of China).
3. Is not an overseas compatriot student.
4. Has never attended an educational institution in Taiwan at the same level of degree that he/she intends to apply for, including universities and educational institutions that the applicant has enrolled or attended in Taiwan.
5. Is not an exchange student or student with a double (joint) degree through any cooperation agreement between a foreign university/college and an educational institution in Taiwan while receiving the Scholarship.
6. Has not previously had a Scholarship revoked by a Taiwan government agency or other relevant institution.
VI. The contact info of the Division:
Ms. Le Hong Hanh
Science and Technology Division, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: +84 24 37686 014
Add: 5 Fl., HITC, 239 Xuan Thuy Rd., Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
Mai Thu, TT ĐT&PTQT